Tuesday, July 05, 2005

movies

I plan on adding a section for film/media - I have to! My son is goinging into video game design and my daughter has completed 3 years of Drama @ Guelph and a year of Screen Writing for TV @ Humber College.

One of the best films I've seen recently is Born Into Brothels. It was showing at the Princess Theatre here in Waterloo.

Born into Brothels, by Ross Kauffman and Zana Briski, won the 2004 Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. A tribute to the resiliency of childhood and the restorative power of art, Born into Brothels is a portrait of several unforgettable children who live in the red light district of Calcutta, where their mothers work as prostitutes. Zana Briski, a New York-based photographer, gives each of the children a camera and teaches them to look at the world with new eyes.I's a moving film.

No comments: