Saturday, December 10, 2005

Pognophilia

There is a condition known as pognophobia - a fear of facial hair. Years ago when I was on the Board of OBC/OTS during a presidential search, we did some focus group work to help determine what stakeholders in the OBC/OTS saw as important for a new president. One of the things that came up in a particular focus group was they didn't want a president with a beard.

Wilf, a typographer and CEO of Ratio, and Kester came up with the concept of pognography - identifying christian groups by their beards! Wilf has designed a t-shirt with a fantastic set of designs...

Pognophilia: Growing Beards for the Love of Jesus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute...but I have heard it said that people who wear beards have something they are trying to hide...(aren't we all)..I have tried growing a 'righteous' beard myself but they make me look just plain old and seem to have this amazing ability to catch more crud than my basement. With a beard, I must admit I look like Mr. Potato head with a chia beard growth. I also came to the realization that some women are attracted to men with beards...while others seem to run out of the room screaming!!!! Kind of like a Pentecostal tent meeting....

P*Mike - I did not see you in this police line up! Are you the one on the back of the T-shirt: evangelical-orthodox-rabbidic-southern ozarked(gaitherized)non-denominationist? I wonder if in fact Jesus did have a beard and what it really looked liked. I wonder if he was hiding something? These things I ponder...but sadly alone!!! By the way Santa wears a beard doesn't he...then again so does my aunt Gloria...

Anonymous said...

I'm a pognographist. I cannot tolerat facial hair. It's disturbing on too many levels.