Tuesday, November 28, 2006

resignation

A little over a week ago I resigned as lead pastor at Trinity Evangelical Missionary Church. It was not an easy decision to make. We have only been in Waterloo for 2.5 years; but we believe that this is the right decision - for Trinity and for ourselves. There are good people at Trinity, but we are just not connecting. There are all sorts of interconnected reasons why we are leaving, but that certainly is a key one.

When is the decision effective?
Our last Sunday is this coming Sunday - 3 Dec 06. As I have talked with people, this seems to be the best - it might seem quick - but again we think it's right.
What are we going to do?
We have no idea.
Are we going to stay in Waterloo?
That's the plan for now.
If you think of us, pray that we'd know our next step(s). I haven't blogged about this until now for a couple of reasons.
  1. I suffered a computer crash and then our network was down at Trinity so I was without much access for a large part of last week
  2. It's hard to put into words what we are feeling. Maybe, a little later I'll be able to express myself better

4 comments:

N.C. said...

Bro,
I totally feel you on the strangeness, but rightness of a departure. I resigned my teaching pastor position in June and we have no idea where we will end up.

I know you don't know me, but if you want to talk or whatever, let me know.

Will be praying for you and yours.

In God's goodness,

nathan

Walking Church said...

The prayers of walkingchurch, abeit a small community, embrace and blanket you and j at this time. love RoG

michael lewis said...

Man! That's random!

Hey, there are lots of geological jobs in Alberta!

Here, I did a Monster search for you.

You have been my friend(s) for many years, and as such, I sometimes dwell in thought over you.

(Friend(s) was plural because there are two of you.)

Anonymous said...

Mike,

As someone who was blessed to sit in a pew in your church for the past 2 and a half years I want to say thanks.

Thanks for the teaching, the inspiration, the challenges, and the support you consistently gave to us week in and week out.

It's been an exciting ride and it dissappointing for me to see it end, but I trust that God has something even more exciting for us in the days to come.

Last but not least, thanks for your friendship.

Scott