Friday, August 10, 2007

John Michael Talbot

One of my favourite meditative musicians is releasing his 50th album.
Tuesday, the 14th, will mark the release of my 50th album, Living Water. I can’t believe it! I do not personally keep track of them. I just keep composing and performing. I will make recordings as long as God gives me the music, and people still enjoy listening to me. It’s kind of like walking. You just put one small step after the other. After a while you realize that you have walked a long distance. The same is true of a recording artist’s life. You just keep recording, and pretty soon you reach one milestone or the other.


John Michael Talbot is an American Catholic singer guitarist who is founder of a monastic community, the Brothers and Sisters of Charity. He was born into a Methodist family with a musical background in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He had started learning to play the guitar by the age of 10. At fifteen he dropped out of school and was performing as a guitarist for Mason Proffit, a country folk/rock band formed with Terry, his older brother. The band produced five albums and was one of the forerunners of more successful country rock bands such as the Eagles.

No comments: