Friday, October 17, 2008

random 62

library
i love it

via wired


Lessons as you grow older:
  1. I’ve learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in…
  2. I’ve learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.
  3. I’ve learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.
  4. I’ve learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
  5. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.
  6. I’ve learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
  7. I’ve learned that I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
  8. I’ve learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.
  9. I’ve learned that 99% of the time when something isn’t working in your house, one of your kids did it.
  10. I’ve learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
via Ian's Messy Desk


the positive benefits of disco
I never thought I would say that... but...
In a small but intriguing study from the University of Illinois medical school, doctors and students maintained close to the ideal number of chest compressions doing CPR while listening to the catchy, sung-in-falsetto tune from the 1977 movie "Saturday Night Fever."
via ap


big bug
the biggest stick insect ever found has recently been discovered in Borneo
via daily mail

No comments: