Friday, November 18, 2005

New Jones Soda flavours


Salmon-flavored soda, anyone?
Jones Soda has added some new flavours to its lineup. The new sodas include:
turkey & gravy
corn on the cob
broccoli casserole
green beans
pecan pie.


They also offer an orange-hued fish-flavored drink this year in a nod to the Pacific Northwest's salmon catch. "When you smell it, it's got that smoked salmon aroma," said Peter van Stolk, chief executive of Jones Soda.

Van Stolk, who built his Seattle-based soda company by selling traditional sodas as well as exotic flavors such as green apple, bubble gum and crushed melon, said that "the most important thing (about Jones Soda) is that we can laugh at ourselves."

Asked whether he liked his new salmon soda, van Stolk said: "I cannot finish a bottle, I just can't."

I don't think I'll be rushing out to get any - ever. If you try some, let me know if you survive the taste - I just can't envision drinking broccili flavoured anything!

No comments: