Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm back... I think

It's been a crazy last few weeks... I only posted 1x in June...
over the next couple of days I'll try to bring you up to date on some thing some things that are happening with us.

First a follow up on the half-pipe. I got lots of interest from some on-line postings:
  • A number of people tooking a look at it and declined, realizing it was going to be a lot of work
  • I had someone from a townhouse complex look at it wanting it for youth work. But she had been unable to get an OK re insurance, so she reluctantly said "let someone else have it"
  • Someone then came along wanting the wood and patio stones. He came back the next day to start dismantling it. While he was doing that, the gal from the townhouse complex came back with an OK re insurance. So the 2 of them made a deal - he took the old plywood and some left over wood in my backyard. She took the frame. He came back the following day to take the patio stones
Everybody wins:
  • he gets some wood and patio stones
  • she gets a half-pipe
  • & I get a clear back yard

1 comment:

michael lewis said...

That's called win-win-win.

I learned that from Michael Scott, boss of The Office.